First edition: 1959
Latest edition: LX/1 (2018)
First printed in 1959 as the Zprávy Jednoty klasických filologů, renamed Auriga in 1992/93, the journal is a direct continuator of the Listy filologické, published by the Union of Czech Philologists (predecessor of JKF) since 1873.
The journal is listed as a reviewed non-impacted periodical published in the Czech Republic, approved by the Research and Development Council on June 20, 2008.
Articles are reviewed by independent reviewers.
- articles dealing with Ancient studies, Latin Medieval studies, occasionally also Modern Greek studies (with an abstract in a world language);
- original translations (or extracts from them);
- information on conferences, exhibitions and other important events in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia;
- list of theses and dissertations defended in a given year at universities in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia;
- reviews of Ancient works translations, translations of pop-science literature and original research.